Create your own funky friendship bracelets....!
Silver Plated Textured Round Link Chain (sold as a 91cm length so you'll be able to make a few with this!)
Micro Fibre Suede Cord in Olive, 1 metre (sold per metre, so you can make a few with this length)
Pyrite Faceted Coin Beads x 4
A pack of Silver Plated Wire in 0.3mm thickness
Snipe Nose Pliers
Heavy Duty Side Cutters
- Wrap wire... Using a piece of silver plated wire, bend a length of about 5mm at a right angle and place on top of the fold in the suede. Then wrap the wire around the fold a few times to help secure in place.
- Twist the ends together... Cut your wire leaving a little bit at the end, then twist the ends of the wire together to help secure.
- Pinch together with pliers Using a pair of snipe nose pliers, squeeze the twisted ends close into the cord pushing it down to ensure no sharp edges poke out and trim the ends if needs be. You will then need to repeat this at the other end of your set of links to make a complete bracelet. The ends of the bracelet can be tied together for a traditional friendship bracelet style or you could add a clasp by gluing end caps on to the micro fibre suede cord and attaching a clasp.
- Thread on your bead... Next you need to add beads to the centre of the loops, this is really simple to do. Get a length of silver plated wire and thread on your bead of choice (we used pyrite faceted beads)
- Twist wire... Place your length of wire with the bead threaded onto it so that it lies across the centre of the loop link. Then with your snipe nose pliers (or fingers if you find it easier!) simply wrap the wire a few times around the loop and squeeze tight to secure, we made sure we wrapped either side of the wire with the bead on it so that it was extra secure and didn't slide around the loop link.
- Trim the ends of the wire Trim the ends of your wire to get rid of any sharp bits and then repeat on the other end of the wire. The bead will slide along this piece of wire creating a great effect when you wear it. You can repeat the last few steps for the other loop links.
- And you're done! And your friendship bracelet is finished. Wear yourself or make for presents! Why not try with other beads and other coloured micro fibre suede as we did!